5.11.05

That Time of the Week

So another weekend is here and that means it’s time to drop some football picks on ya. Wow that sounds dumb. Sorry. Let’s just get on to this.

Little late for NCAA picks, but I do like Wisconsin getting 13 and the Vols getting 7.5.

Last Week: 3-3
Overall: 9-9

NFL:
First things first, there are way too many road favorites this weekend in the NFL. In fact, something is fishy considering that there are NINE home dogs. Has that ever happened in the NFL? It’s going to be hard not to take the points.

Giants (-11) over NINERS
Let’s see here… Cody Pickett is the starter for the 49ers. Once again, Cody Pickett is starting for the Niners. Sort of like Brooks Bowlinger starting for the Jets a few weeks ago, if this doesn’t make you feel like gambling, nothing will.

SAINTS (+3) over Bears
I don’t like this game. Orton on the road. Bears giving three points. Saints have to play well and catch a break at some point… then again this might be the kind of game were Aaron Brooks throws four picks and it doesn’t matter what Orton does. But I have my doubts.

Eagles (+3) over REDSKINS
With TO being out and gone I have no clue. I could see this line breaking either way at this point. No way it’s going to be 3 at game time. Anyway, do the Birds come out and play well? Do they play good D and run the ball a bit, thus becoming a better football team? Or do they roll over and say screw it? I really have no clue. But I’m starting to think that they come together and play a good game and win.

PATS (+4) over Colts
I know I should take the Colts, but I’m not. Until Manning wins in New England, I’m going to go with the Pats. This is classic: fool me once, shame on you. Fool me seven times, shame on me. Plus this feels like a 27-24 game.

DOLPHINS (+2) over Falcons
I’m starting to believe that the Fins are good team at home, and since I’m getting points on top of it… plus you’ve got to wonder when Vick ends up costing the Falcons a game. Maybe it will be this week. Maybe it will be in two weeks. But when ever it is, it won’t be good.

Seahawks (-4) over CARDS
I’m not going to say it… I’m not going to say it… but the Seahawks are flying a little under the radar screen, and you’ve got to start wondering… I’m not going to say it. Not gonna say it.

Raiders (+4.5) over CHIEFS
I don’t think the Raiders are that bad of a team. Are they going to make the playoffs? No. But they aren’t a bad team. They can move the ball on offense. And that alone makes them a scary team to play. Plus the Chiefs aren’t nearly as good as everyone, myself included, thought they were.

Last Week: 4-4
Overall: 23-21

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's true, we're all a little bit lazy from time to time. And winter is coming. So you're right, as usual, it's time for tecumseh snow blower to make our life just a little bit easier!