16.5.05

What are you going to do about it?

The US threatened North Korea yesterday saying that if they preformed a nuclear test, they along with other countries in the Pacific region, would take action. What sort of action no one knows. But if I were to take a guess, it would be to point a finger at North Korea and beg them to stop after dropping a few bombs. Seeing that all our troops are bogged down in Iraq, it seems to me that besides flying a few bombing missions from an aircraft carrier, there isn't much that the United States could do. Good to know. I feel so much safer knowing that Saddam is gone and that Bush is President. I could careless if North Korea has nukes now... Saddam is gone! Did you hear me? Saddam is no longer in power! I don't care that North Korea may or may not test their nukes and bin Laden is still free. Saddam is gone and the Iraqis had elections! All is well!

Oh wait, my bad. Maybe all is not well in Iraq. Their newly formed government may or may not be powerless and the insurgents seemed to have stepped up their efforts. It's been two years since Saddam was ousted. But the country is far from being peaceful or free. Rice is in Iraq right now, and there are a few signs of hope, but I'm taking the "I'll believe it when I see it" out look on Iraq. Call me a cynic.

No comments: