11.10.06

The Wire is taking over my life, an example of Game Theory

I should write something shouldn’t I? A story? Something… anything? Well I’ve got nothing.

I’m boring. Sorry.

Unless of course you want to hear me talk about Game Theory.

Or better yet, I’ll bitch about microeconomics.

“But VFLOAB, that’s not fun!” you say. And I agree. But welcome to our new life. Views from life in the back of a lecture hall (VFLITBOALH, hey that looks like the last name of the first round pick of the Detroit Red Wings! Slava Vflitboalh!) But we seriously won’t bother you with Game Theory or budget constraints, utility functions, and Cobb-Douglas. Well not now at least.

I did have a sort of cool thought the other day… Pad-Thai is the pizza of the 21st century. Seriously, we’re about a year away from people just cold calling Thai places and ordering a “Large Pad-Thai, extra peanuts, easy on the onions” for like four friends.

Of course, pad-thai doesn’t go nearly as well as well with beer as pizza goes. So pizza has that going for it.

Wolfmother rocks. Seriously. From now on, I’m just going to say WOLFMOTHER!!!! And life will be good.



Just cus I care, I went though a bunch of different venues here in Chicago and wrote down shows we’d be interested in going to, here’s the list:
Oct. 26 (Thursday) – The Hold Steady @ Metro
Nov. 10 (Friday) – Shy Child (and others) @ Metro
Nov. 11 (Saturday) – The Decemberists @ Park West
Nov. 24 and 25 (Friday/Saturday) – Wilco @ the Auditorium
Nov. 24 and 25 (Friday/Saturday) – Andrew Bird @ the Logan Theatre
Nov. 26 (Saturday) – WOLFMOTHER!!!! @ the Riviera
Nov. 30 (Thursday) – Public Four @ Double Door

(I saw Shy Child at the Black Cat in DC about six months ago, they were opening for Annie, and they just flat out rocked. I've never seen an opening band get attention of the crowd like they did. It was something else. Their EP I picked up was aiight, but they were flat out amazing life. Big word up, Thomes to them). And who isn't excited by Wilco and Andrew Bird on the same freakin' weekend? How great is that? And Public Four, gots to give them a shout out. They rock too.

One of my minor goals in life is to never eat at Arby's. I can only accomplish this by dying and not ever eating at Arby's. I'm calling it my "Royal Tenenbaum Goal in Life". If for no other reason than I think it’s something Royal would put on his tombstone if he got another one. Or something like that.

Besides watching “Lost” (thought it was okay), a few baseball and football games, about all I’ve been doing (besides homework) is watching the First Season of the Wire. I know Simmons has been pimping it for a month or so now, but he isn’t the reason. Gosh that’s some shit writing, let’s just start over.

About two months ago after Entourage (or before Entourage, I forget) I saw a few minutes of The Wire for a few weeks. Since they were replaying all of season three, a lot of the plot was over my head, but I could tell from the pace of the show and the acting, that this was something to get into. Plus I knew a few people who only had good things to say about it.

Then Simmons started writing about it.

And I bought season one of The Wire… and let me tell you, it’s the best TV show I’ve ever seen in my life. I’m not kidding, it’s the greatest show I’ve ever seen. I could go on and on, but I’m not going to. It’s too complicated and I’d be doing the show injustice. I’m just telling you, it’s the best show I’ve ever seen. It’s up there with “The Wonder Years”, “Freaks and Geeks” and a few other shows that I can’t think of right now. And it’s about 100,292,492 billion trillion million times better than CSI. Just an amazing show. Go and rent it or buy the DVDs, you won’t be sorry.

No comments: